Medical Lab Technician in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
A Medical Lab Technician, also known as a Clinical Lab Technician works closely with the medical lab scientist, who is responsible for analyzing and researching medical samples taken from patients, including tissue samples and blood samples. The role of medical laboratory technician is complex and highly specialized. This article is designed to provide you with some background information on this career as well as inform you about the various schools, courses, programs and training available by accredited medical lab technician schools in Brookhaven NY and greater New York.
Skills Necessary to be a Medical Laboratory Technician in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
The nature of this job requires a person to possess certain skills to be able to perform your duties and tasks successfully, these include:
- Be patient and well-organized carefully performing your work step by step;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical thinking
- Proficiency in mathematics and research methods;
- Strong technical and computer skills to work with medical research equipment and analyze the results gained; and
- Good communication skills.
Throughout this website we list relevant courses and schools in Brookhaven NY and greater New York who can teach and train you to develop the skills listed above. By completing a certified med lab program, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the workforce.
Training or Relevant Courses to become a Clinical Lab Technologist in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
After receiving your General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), you may enroll for a Medical Laboratory Technician program. There are many institutions, such as Everest College, Trillium College, or Oulton College in addition to those listed throughout this website which offer you programs pursuing which you will get a proper training and become a medical lab Technician in a very short period. Obtaining medical lab technician certification from a reputable medical lab technician program is a great way to build your knowledge in the field.
There are also Commission on Accreditation of the Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) where you can obtain a necessary training and get the required corresponding knowledge. In case you work, but you have decided to pursue a second education, most of the programs give you an opportunity to work and study at the same time and some even allow online study only.
Med Lab Technician Schools in New York
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
Subjects That You May Learn as a Clinical Lab Assistant in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
Enrolling for a Medical Lab Technician program, you will have to study such disciplines, as biology, microbiology, anatomy, specimen collection, clinical research methods, histology, cytology, medical terminology, pharmacology, etc. Medical Lab classes and training is available in both on campus and online formats. The curriculum offered by each school varies, we suggest you contact the schools in Brookhaven NY and greater New York to ensure you fully understand what courses and training is on offer and what program is best for you.
Job Opportunities and Median Salary of a Medical Lab Technician in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary of a Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician is estimated to be $37,240 per year. As with all careers, how much you can earn as a Medical Laboratory Technician is dependent on where you work, your educational background and how hard you work. In Brookhaven NY there is strong demand for Clinical Laboratory staff making a career in this field very promising.
Typical Activities and Job Duties of a Medical Laboratory Technician in Brookhaven NY and Greater New York
The main responsibility and duty of the medical lab Technician is to make sure all the equipment is ready for conducting medical tests and analysis. To be more precise, the duties include the following items:
- Make sure the medical equipment and laboratory machines do not experience any complications during the test due to various technical problems that may occur;
- Prepare necessary materials and samples for investigations and experiments;
- Sterilizing the instruments for the test and experiments;
- Record the test process and the outcome of the experiments;
We hope that this article will give you the necessary information that will help you make your decision.