Medical Lab Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
A Medical Lab Technician, also known as a Clinical Lab Technician works closely with the medical lab scientist, who is responsible for analyzing and researching medical samples taken from patients, including tissue samples and blood samples. The role of medical laboratory technician is complex and highly specialized. This article is designed to provide you with some background information on this career as well as inform you about the various schools, courses, programs and training available by accredited medical lab technician schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois.
Skills Necessary to be a Medical Laboratory Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
The nature of this job requires a person to possess certain skills to be able to perform your duties and tasks successfully, these include:
- Be patient and well-organized carefully performing your work step by step;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical thinking
- Proficiency in mathematics and research methods;
- Strong technical and computer skills to work with medical research equipment and analyze the results gained; and
- Good communication skills.
Throughout this website we list relevant courses and schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois who can teach and train you to develop the skills listed above. By completing a certified med lab program, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the workforce.
Training or Relevant Courses to become a Clinical Lab Technologist in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
After receiving your General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), you may enroll for a Medical Laboratory Technician program. There are many institutions, such as Everest College, Trillium College, or Oulton College in addition to those listed throughout this website which offer you programs pursuing which you will get a proper training and become a medical lab Technician in a very short period. Obtaining medical lab technician certification from a reputable medical lab technician program is a great way to build your knowledge in the field.
There are also Commission on Accreditation of the Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) where you can obtain a necessary training and get the required corresponding knowledge. In case you work, but you have decided to pursue a second education, most of the programs give you an opportunity to work and study at the same time and some even allow online study only.
Med Lab Technician Schools in Illinois
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA in Complementary and Alternative Health
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- Students already licensed as registered nurses can complete RN-BSN program in as few as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Nursing
- Master of Science - DNP Path (Doctor of Nursing Practice)
- Master of Science in Nursing-Family Nurse Practitioner
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Public Health (MPH)
- Medical Assistant
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
Why Keiser University Online?
Online Convenience, Personalized Attention
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MS in Exercise Science: Nutrition
- MS in Exercise Science: Community Physical Activity
- Master of Science: Healthcare Administration
- And more...
Subjects That You May Learn as a Clinical Lab Assistant in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
Enrolling for a Medical Lab Technician program, you will have to study such disciplines, as biology, microbiology, anatomy, specimen collection, clinical research methods, histology, cytology, medical terminology, pharmacology, etc. Medical Lab classes and training is available in both on campus and online formats. The curriculum offered by each school varies, we suggest you contact the schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois to ensure you fully understand what courses and training is on offer and what program is best for you.
Job Opportunities and Median Salary of a Medical Lab Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary of a Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician is estimated to be $37,240 per year. As with all careers, how much you can earn as a Medical Laboratory Technician is dependent on where you work, your educational background and how hard you work. In Joliet IL there is strong demand for Clinical Laboratory staff making a career in this field very promising.
Typical Activities and Job Duties of a Medical Laboratory Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
The main responsibility and duty of the medical lab Technician is to make sure all the equipment is ready for conducting medical tests and analysis. To be more precise, the duties include the following items:
- Make sure the medical equipment and laboratory machines do not experience any complications during the test due to various technical problems that may occur;
- Prepare necessary materials and samples for investigations and experiments;
- Sterilizing the instruments for the test and experiments;
- Record the test process and the outcome of the experiments;
We hope that this article will give you the necessary information that will help you make your decision.