Medical Lab Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
A Medical Lab Technician, also known as a Clinical Lab Technician works closely with the medical lab scientist, who is responsible for analyzing and researching medical samples taken from patients, including tissue samples and blood samples. The role of medical laboratory technician is complex and highly specialized. This article is designed to provide you with some background information on this career as well as inform you about the various schools, courses, programs and training available by accredited medical lab technician schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois.
Skills Necessary to be a Medical Laboratory Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
The nature of this job requires a person to possess certain skills to be able to perform your duties and tasks successfully, these include:
- Be patient and well-organized carefully performing your work step by step;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical thinking
- Proficiency in mathematics and research methods;
- Strong technical and computer skills to work with medical research equipment and analyze the results gained; and
- Good communication skills.
Throughout this website we list relevant courses and schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois who can teach and train you to develop the skills listed above. By completing a certified med lab program, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the workforce.
Training or Relevant Courses to become a Clinical Lab Technologist in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
After receiving your General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), you may enroll for a Medical Laboratory Technician program. There are many institutions, such as Everest College, Trillium College, or Oulton College in addition to those listed throughout this website which offer you programs pursuing which you will get a proper training and become a medical lab Technician in a very short period. Obtaining medical lab technician certification from a reputable medical lab technician program is a great way to build your knowledge in the field.
There are also Commission on Accreditation of the Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) where you can obtain a necessary training and get the required corresponding knowledge. In case you work, but you have decided to pursue a second education, most of the programs give you an opportunity to work and study at the same time and some even allow online study only.
Med Lab Technician Schools in Illinois
- Several institutional scholarship opportunities are available to students who qualify.
- Features several learning model options, including online, residency, and hybrid options.
- Offers graduate degree programs in organizational leadership, mind-body medicine, psychology and human science.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- Two teaching locations in Seattle, Washington with the university headquarters located in Oakland, California.
- M.S. Mind-Body Medicine
- Ph.D. Mind-Body Medicine
- Dynamic Virtual Campus Experience – Classes are hosted in weekly, face-to-face online settings that utilize video conferencing technology to create an intimate learning environment.
- Demanding Academic and Admissions Standards – MPH@GW students are held to the same selective admissions criteria as on-campus students, and complete the same academically rigorous curriculum.
- Real Courses Delivered by Real Faculty – The GW faculty are world-renowned leaders in the field, and personally design and teach MPH@GW courses.
- Hands-On Field Placement Learning – Students will complete a customized practicum field experience that is designed to build hands-on skill in a student’s chosen career path.
- Master of Public Health
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University
- Earn the Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's degree that fits your professional goals
- Transfer up to 90 approved credits toward your degree
- Accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- MA/Health Care Administration
- BA/Health Care Administration
- Online Bachelor's programs include Healthcare Management, Public Health, IT, Psychology, BBA & Criminal Justice
- Dedicated to delivering quality education and personalized attention to students since 1899
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor?s Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Care Administration
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Science
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
- Ranked among the top 20 Regional Universities in the West in 2015 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Listed as one of America’s Best Colleges by Forbes Magazine in 2014.
- More than 97% of tenure-track faculty holds a terminal degree in their field.
- Student to faculty ratio of 15:1, and 47.5% of classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Accredited by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Aministration - Healthcare Administration
Subjects That You May Learn as a Clinical Lab Assistant in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
Enrolling for a Medical Lab Technician program, you will have to study such disciplines, as biology, microbiology, anatomy, specimen collection, clinical research methods, histology, cytology, medical terminology, pharmacology, etc. Medical Lab classes and training is available in both on campus and online formats. The curriculum offered by each school varies, we suggest you contact the schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois to ensure you fully understand what courses and training is on offer and what program is best for you.
Job Opportunities and Median Salary of a Medical Lab Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary of a Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician is estimated to be $37,240 per year. As with all careers, how much you can earn as a Medical Laboratory Technician is dependent on where you work, your educational background and how hard you work. In Joliet IL there is strong demand for Clinical Laboratory staff making a career in this field very promising.
Typical Activities and Job Duties of a Medical Laboratory Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
The main responsibility and duty of the medical lab Technician is to make sure all the equipment is ready for conducting medical tests and analysis. To be more precise, the duties include the following items:
- Make sure the medical equipment and laboratory machines do not experience any complications during the test due to various technical problems that may occur;
- Prepare necessary materials and samples for investigations and experiments;
- Sterilizing the instruments for the test and experiments;
- Record the test process and the outcome of the experiments;
We hope that this article will give you the necessary information that will help you make your decision.