Medical Lab Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
A Medical Lab Technician, also known as a Clinical Lab Technician works closely with the medical lab scientist, who is responsible for analyzing and researching medical samples taken from patients, including tissue samples and blood samples. The role of medical laboratory technician is complex and highly specialized. This article is designed to provide you with some background information on this career as well as inform you about the various schools, courses, programs and training available by accredited medical lab technician schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois.
Skills Necessary to be a Medical Laboratory Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
The nature of this job requires a person to possess certain skills to be able to perform your duties and tasks successfully, these include:
- Be patient and well-organized carefully performing your work step by step;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical thinking
- Proficiency in mathematics and research methods;
- Strong technical and computer skills to work with medical research equipment and analyze the results gained; and
- Good communication skills.
Throughout this website we list relevant courses and schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois who can teach and train you to develop the skills listed above. By completing a certified med lab program, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the workforce.
Training or Relevant Courses to become a Clinical Lab Technologist in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
After receiving your General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), you may enroll for a Medical Laboratory Technician program. There are many institutions, such as Everest College, Trillium College, or Oulton College in addition to those listed throughout this website which offer you programs pursuing which you will get a proper training and become a medical lab Technician in a very short period. Obtaining medical lab technician certification from a reputable medical lab technician program is a great way to build your knowledge in the field.
There are also Commission on Accreditation of the Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) where you can obtain a necessary training and get the required corresponding knowledge. In case you work, but you have decided to pursue a second education, most of the programs give you an opportunity to work and study at the same time and some even allow online study only.
Med Lab Technician Schools in Illinois
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Pharmacy Technician
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Medical Assisting Diploma
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Master of Public Health
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Medical Assistant
Subjects That You May Learn as a Clinical Lab Assistant in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
Enrolling for a Medical Lab Technician program, you will have to study such disciplines, as biology, microbiology, anatomy, specimen collection, clinical research methods, histology, cytology, medical terminology, pharmacology, etc. Medical Lab classes and training is available in both on campus and online formats. The curriculum offered by each school varies, we suggest you contact the schools in Joliet IL and greater Illinois to ensure you fully understand what courses and training is on offer and what program is best for you.
Job Opportunities and Median Salary of a Medical Lab Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary of a Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician is estimated to be $37,240 per year. As with all careers, how much you can earn as a Medical Laboratory Technician is dependent on where you work, your educational background and how hard you work. In Joliet IL there is strong demand for Clinical Laboratory staff making a career in this field very promising.
Typical Activities and Job Duties of a Medical Laboratory Technician in Joliet IL and Greater Illinois
The main responsibility and duty of the medical lab Technician is to make sure all the equipment is ready for conducting medical tests and analysis. To be more precise, the duties include the following items:
- Make sure the medical equipment and laboratory machines do not experience any complications during the test due to various technical problems that may occur;
- Prepare necessary materials and samples for investigations and experiments;
- Sterilizing the instruments for the test and experiments;
- Record the test process and the outcome of the experiments;
We hope that this article will give you the necessary information that will help you make your decision.